Sunday, October 12, 2014

New Tarte Holiday 2014 palette.

Hi guys! Yesterday I picked up this lovely new set at Ulta. It's called the Tarte Away Oui Go Portable Palette & Collectors Set. You get 16 full sized Amazonian Clay Eye shadows, 4 Full Sized Amazonian Clay Blushes, 3 deluxe sized Maracuja Lip Glosses and a Deluxe sized Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara and an adorable compact.
This palette is probably my favorite out of all the things Tarte has put out this holiday season. One of the reasons I wanted to buy this one was because it's a lot like last year's which I have and I actually like the idea of both sets.
First off, I cannot say enough how much I love Tarte blushes. They're amazing quality, last all day and I don't think I've had any problems with fading.
The shadows are so pigmented, they blend like a dream and last a long time on my eyes. I use a shadow primer so that helps. I cannot say what they're like without a primer because I believe that a primer is a necessity when it comes to eye shadow. 2 shadow primers I recommend are: Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Urban Decay Primer Potion in the color Sin. The Too Faced one really makes your shadow more vibrant and the Urban Decay Potion in Sin is a great one to use for neutral colored eye shadows. On the plus side, it's a beautiful champagne color. (Amazing)
I haven't tried the glosses to be honest because I haven't fell on that lip gloss bandwagon. I have heard in fact that the glosses are extremely sticky. So if you're going to wear them, pull your hair back and make sure it's not a windy day outside. :) I did smell them and they have that minty smell to them which I love so much.
The mascara did surprise me. It's a little dry and it gave me some volume and not a lot of length. I do have long lashes to begin with, so all I want is volume. I used 2 coats and it did a decent job. I will have to pick up a full size sooner or later.
So that's it. I hope you consider picking this up at your local Ulta because it is a great set to have and I think anyone would be happy with it. :)


2 comments:

  1. I love this palette! You should do more palette reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will! I'll do a full palette review of the ones I have this week. :)

      Delete